Number of times this page has been accessed since 13 Jan. 2006:
Japanese version is here
2. Associate Professor, Supercomputing Division, Information Technology
Center, The University of Tokyo, since 1st December 2011.
Software Automatic Tuning, Naono, K.; Teranishi, K.; Cavazos, J.; Suda, R. (Eds.),Springer, (September 29, 2010) was published.
pXabclib version Trial 0.10 was released. (17th, December, 2014)
ppOpen-HPC Home Page was renewal. (30th, June, 2012)
ppOpen-AT was released. (30th, June, 2012)
Please access my ResearchGate account if you want to know my recent publications.
(1)Sanya Tangpongprasit, Takahiro Katagiri, Kenji Kise, Hiroki Honda, and Toshitsugu Yuba, Parallel Computing, Vol.31,
"A Time-To-Live Based Reservation Algorithm of Fully Decentralized Resource Discovery in Grid Computing"
(2)Takahiro Katagiri, Kenji Kise, Hiroki Honda, and Toshitsugu Yuba, Parallel Computing, Vol.32, Issue 1, pp.92-112 (January 2006):
"ABCLibScript: A Directive to Support Specification of An Auto-tuning Facility for Numerical Software"
(3)Takahiro Katagiri, Kenji Kise, Hiroki Honda, and Toshitsugu Yuba, Parallel Computing, Vol.32, Issue 3, pp.231-250 (March 2006):
"ABCLib_DRSSED: A Parallel Eigensolver with an Auto-tuning Facility"
(1)Satoshi Ohshima, Kenji Kise, Takahiro Katagiri, and Toshitugu Yuba,
Selected Paper of VECPAR'2006, Springer LNCS 4395, pp.305--318, (2007):
"Parallel Processing of Matrix Multiplication in a CPU and GPU Heterogeneous Environment"
(2)Takahiro Katagiri, Christof Voemel, and James Demmel, Selected Paper of Workshop On State-of-the-art In Scientifc And Parallel Computing (PARA'06), Springer LNCS 4699, pp.938--948, (2007):
"Automatic Performance Tuning for the Multi-section with Multiple Eigenvalues Method for the Symmetric Eigenproblem"
(3)Teruo Tanaka, Takahiro Katagiri, and Toshitsugu Yuba, Selected Paper of Workshop On State-of-the-art In Scientifc And Parallel Computing (PARA'06), Springer LNCS 4699, pp.986--995, (2007):
"d-Spline Based Incremental Parameter Estimation in Automatic Performance Tuning"
(4) Takahiro Katagiri, and Shoji Itoh, 9th International Meeting on High Performance Computing for Computational Science (VECPAR'2010), Proceedings of VECPAR'2010, 13 pages., Berkeley, California, USA, June 22-25 (2010):
"A Massively Parallel Dense Symmetric Eigensolver with Communication Splitting Multicasting Algorithm"
(5) Takahiro Katagiri, Fifth International Workshop on Automatic Performance Tuning (iWAPT2010), Proceedings of VECPAR'2010, 2pages., Berkeley, California, USA, June 22 (2010):
"Challenges of Run-time Auto-tuning for Sparse Iterative Solvers" (A Position Paper)
(1) Takahiro Katagiri, Jun'ichi Iwata, Kazuyuki Uchida: Technical Reports, ABCLib Working Notes, No.11 (12th October, 2014)
"A Communication Avoiding and Reducing Algorithm for Symmetric Eigenproblem for Very Small Matrices"
(Research Gate Page)
Selected Oral Presentations
(1)Takahiro Katagiri, 13th SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific
Computing (PP08), Mini Symposium, MS1: Auto-tuning on Numerical Libraries
and Advanced Computer Systems: Part I of II, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Wednesday,
March 12th, 2008
"Towards General Auto-tuning Description Language on Advanced Computing Systems" (PPT file)
(2) Takahiro Katagiri, Takao Sakurai, Hisayasu Kuroda, Ken Naono and Kengo Nakajima, International Workshop on Peta-Scale Computing Programming Environment, Languages and Tools (WPSE 2010), Kyoto, February 18, 2010
"Xabclib: An Iterative Solver with a General Auto-tuning Interface "OpenATLib"
(3) Takao Sakurai, Ken Naono, Hisayasu Kuroda, Takahiro Katagiri, and Kengo Nakajima, 14th SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing (PP2010), Joint JSIAM -- SIAM Minisymposium: The State-of-the-art of Auto-tuning Technologies: Adaptation to Advanced Computer Environment and Numerical Libraries - Part I of II, MS6, Grand Hyatt Seattle, Seattle, Washington, USA, Wednesday, February 24, 2010
"OpenATLib: A General Auto-tuning Interface for Numerical Solvers "
(4) Takahiro Katagiri, Hisayasu Kuroda and Kengo Nakajima, 14th SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing (PP2010), Joint JSIAM -- SIAM Minisymposium: Parallel Programming Models and Algorithms for Multicore Clusters and GPGPUs - Part III of III, MS62, Grand Hyatt Seattle, Seattle, Washington, USA, Wednesday, February 26, 2010
"A Branchless Segmented Scan Method for Sparse Matrix-vector Multiplications "
(5) Satoshi Ohshima, Takahiro Katagiri, Kengo Nakajima, Hisayasu Kuroda and Shoji Itoh, International Conference on Suerconputing (ICS'2010), Epocal Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan, 1st June-4th June, 2010
"First Implementation of Segmented Scan Method on GPU" (A Poster Presentation)
(6)Takahiro Katagiri, Takao Sakurai, Hisayasu Kuroda, Ken Naono, and Kengo Nakajima, 2nd International Workshops on Advances in Computational Mechanics (IWACOM-II) (March 29-31, 2010, Yokohama, JAPAN), OW-1 Innovative Algorithms for Multicore and Hierarchical Computational Environments (Organizers: H. Okuda, K. Nakajima and T. Aoki), March, 31 (Wed) Room A, [OW-1: Session-5] 14:20-14:50
"Development of numerical computation policy facility and its effect on Xabclib"
(7)Takahiro Katagiri, Takao Sakurai, Satoshi Ohshima, Mitsuyoshi Igai, Hisayasu Kuroda, Kengo Nakajima, Ken Naono, Ken Naono and Shoji Itoh, 2010 SIAM Annual Meeting, (July 12-16, 2010, The David Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA), MS105, Architecture-Aware Algorithms - Part I of II, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM, Room: Spirit of Pittsburgh B - Level 3, (Organizer: Xiaoye S. Li (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory))
"Numerical Policy Function on Auto-tuned Sparse Iterative Solver Xabclib "
（8）Takahiro Katagiri, Junichi Iwata, and Kazuyuki Uchida, MS34: Auto-tuning Technologies for Extreme-Scale Solvers - Part I of III, Organizers: Takahiro Katagiri (The University of Tokyo, Japan), Osni A. Marques (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA), Toshiyuki Imamura (RIKEN, Japan), and Leroy A. Drummond (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA), SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing (PP14), Marriott Portrand, Downtown Waterfront, Portland, Oregon, USA, February 18-21, 2014
"Extreme-Scale Parallel Symmetric Eigensolver for Very Small-Size Matrices Using A Communication-Avoiding for Pivot Vectors " (Oral Presentation)
Online Presentation by SIAM
PPT by my Slide Share
KATAGIRI, Takahiro was born in 1973. He received his Associate B.E degree from Toyota National College of Technology in 1994, his B.E. degree from Kyoto University in 1996, his M.Sc. degree from the University of Tokyo in 1998, and his Ph.D (in Computer Science) degree from the University of Tokyo in 2001.
His main research interests focuses on parallel matrix calculation, High Performance Computing, and software auto-tuning. He is presently an Associate Professor, Information Technology Center, The University of Tokyo.
He was also a visiting scholar at University of California at Berkeley (UCB) in Computer Science Division until January 2006. The supervised professors in UCB are Prof. Katherine Yelick and Prof. James Demmel, and the host research group is Berkeley Benchmarking and OPtimization (BeBOP) group.
He is a developer of Automatically Blocking-and-Communication adjustment Library (ABCLib), ABCLibScript which is a support language for automatic code generation for numerical libraries with auto-tuning facility. He is a proponent of Framework of Install-time, Before Execute-time, and Run-time optimization layers (FIBER) for the software auto-tuning framework.
He is a member of ACM, IEEE, SIAM, IPSJ and JSIAM.
How to contact:
* Kashiwa Office (Head)
Information Technology Center,
The University of Tokyo
5-1-5 Kashiwa-noha, Kashiwa-shi,
Chiba 277-8568, JAPAN
* Yayoi Office (Branch)
Information Technology Center,
The University of Tokyo
2-11-16 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8658, JAPAN.
[Last updated] 19th, Dec, 2014